The use of a donor egg is the most popular and effective method of treating infertility in women. It allows the patient to experience all the pleasures of motherhood. If the patient does not ovulate during ovarian stimulation, she is advised to resort to in vitro fertilization. It is this method that is associated with the fertilization of a donor egg.
This procedure is performed under the following conditions
- The donor and the recipient sign a contract before the procedure starts.
- The egg donor must undergo several special tests to confirm the absence of infection in the woman’s body. Also, a detailed analysis of genetic diseases is performed to exclude diseases of the future child.
- Before donating eggs, the patient undergoes medication, which prepares her body to accept and carry an embryo.
- The donor’s eggs are extracted from the ovary in the laboratory using special equipment and then fertilized with sperm. The sperm of the future father or the patient’s partner is used.
- The embryos develop in a test tube. It takes three days. They are then placed in the womb of the expectant mother.
(Introcytoplasmicperminjection – ICSI) ICSI is the name given to the action when a sperm cell enters an egg. The method is performed with high precision equipment and includes active medical support. Previously, the patient underwent stimulant administration of medical drugs. The method is possible even in the absence of sperm in the ejaculate: the main carriers of the future child are simply removed directly from the testicular appendage.
If you are interested in the cost of surrogacy, we advise you the best surrogacy agency – Delivering Dreams.
In most cases, in vitro fertilization with ICSI is the only effective method of conceiving a child with a man suffering from infertility.
ICSI process steps
- The oocyte is held in place by a doctor pipette.
- The most active sperm is selected and then caught on a fine needle.
- The egg shell is pierced, the needle with the immobilized sperm is inserted and the organism is released
- The sperm penetrates and is held by the cytoplasm, the needle is removed.
The ICSI method gives a greater chance of a positive outcome of the procedure than simple in vitro fertilization. The ICSI method is used by couples where the chance of a man fertilizing an egg is very small and the woman having high quality eggs. Another prerequisite for ICSI is a woman’s ability to complete a pregnancy. When using the ICSI method to have a healthy baby, the male genetic diseases must be taken into account.
In vitro fertilization and ICSI do not produce a baby with malformations. The percentage of babies born with malformations does not differ from that of babies born with normal conception.
What does sperm donation mean?
ICSI is a good treatment for male infertility because it allows the fertilization of an egg, even if the man has poor sperm quality. In the past, donor sperm were used in such cases, but now it has been found that donor sperm fertilization solves the problem.
How is the process going?
- The donor’s sperm is frozen and tested for infectious diseases before being frozen. After six months of storage, it is examined again.
- The donor is chosen so that it fits in appearance. The donor determines the eye color, the hair color, and even the weight of the newborn baby.
- The frozen sperm is transported to the clinic in a container and then used for conception.
- The woman arrives at the moment of ovulation, then comes to the medical unit.
- Using a catheter, a sperm fraction is delivered to the patient’s egg.