TV shows are a great way to get away from reality. When you start watching a series or TV show, you immerse yourself in the world and its characters. More than movies, series have a unique way of creating a personal connection with the audience through deep narration and realistic characters. If you’re a fan of martial arts, chances are you’ve heard of ‘Into the Badlands’.
Into the Badlands is an American-made television series that aired its first episode in 2015. The series falls into the realm of science fiction with martial arts as the main theme throughout the show. There are a total of 3 seasons in this series. The creators of the series were planning for the 4th season, but unfortunately, it was canceled.
Against the backdrop of the post-apocalyptic world, the series is about a young boy and a warrior with amazing supernatural powers. It seeks enlightenment in the unjust and ruthless post-apocalyptic world, which is now under the control of the feudal barons.
The story of Into the Badlands takes place about 500 years into the future, which is a post-apocalyptic world. The aftermath of a bloody war has destroyed civilizations in the country. Although few things in technology such as vehicles and electricity still work in the post-apocalyptic world, the world survives entirely with crossbows and other weapons, avoiding firearms.
The Badlands are home to many states. They are located between the Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains. A feudal society has emerged in this place after the war, which left a gap in the field of power. In a country devastated by war, barons took control of goods such as fuel and traded for revenue and peace.
These barons are served by their slaves, called Gears and prostitutes, who are known as Dolls. An army of young women and men called the Clippers to serve these Barons. These people are extremely capable and trained to be loyal and dedicated warriors. The rule is that they should not get married or have children. All their faith must be to serve the barons. A regent is the leader of every Clipper force.
In addition to these barons and clippers, there are numerous forces and groups. To name a few, there are nomads, who are lawless murderers. They steal from traders to survive, but they also live in an organized way. Another group known as the River King and his troops took control of the water trade in the Badlands. They are neutral for the Barons. No enemy, no friend.
Likewise, there are several groups in the Badlands. The totemic is the ascetic religious movement that exists in Badlands society. The people of this movement live in isolated communities and practice paganism.
There is something called Azra, a mythical fantasy city that is known to exist far from the Badlands, but many say it is a legend and not a real city. In such a post-apocalyptic world, a young boy and a warrior with supernatural powers seek enlightenment.
Main cast and characters of the series
The cast and characters of Into the Badlands are listed here for reference. While some are main characters, who will appear in all three seasons in pivotal roles, some are recurring minor characters.
- Daniel Wu
- Orla Brady
- Sarah Bolzer
- Aramis Knight
- Emily Beecham
- Oliver Stark
- Madeleine Maddock
- Ally Ioannidis
- Marton Tsokas
- Nick Frost
- Babou Ceesay
- Lorraine Toussaint
- Ella-Rae Smith
- Sherman Augustus
- Steven Lang
- Teresa Lian
- Mike Sill
All of the above characters appear in the three seasons of the series. Into the Badlands has a lot of actors and characters. Thus, we have listed only a handful of characters that are the crucial part of the story.
Index Into the Badlands
As already mentioned, Into the Badlands has a total of 3 seasons. The first episode of season 1 aired on November 15, 2015, while the last episode of season 3 aired on May 6, 2019. The series lasted 3.5 years with success.
The following is an analysis of the seasons and episodes of Into the Badlands for reference:
- Episode 1 – The Fort
- Episode 2 – Fist like a sphere
- Episode 3 – White Stork Spreads Wings
- Episode 4 – Two Tigers Subdue Dragons
- Episode 5 – Snake Creeps Down
- Episode 6 – Hand of Five Poisons
- Episode 1 – Tiger Pushes Mountain
- Episode 2 – Force of Eagle’s Claw
- Episode 3 – Red Sun, Silver Moon
- Episode 4 – Palm of the Iron Fox
- Episode 5 – Monkey Leaps Through Mist
- Episode 6 – Leopard Stalks in Snow
- Episode 7 – Black Heart, White Mountain
- Episode 8 – Sting of the Scorpion’s Tail
- Episode 9 – Nightingale Sings No More
- Episode 10 – Wolf’s Breath, Dragon Fire
- Episode 1 – Enter the Phoenix
- Episode 2 – Moon Rises, Raven Seeks
- Episode 3 – Leopard Snares Rabbit
- Episode 4 – Blind Cannibal Assassins
- Episode 5 – Take the Tiger to the Mountain
- Episode 6 – The Black Wind howls
- Episode 7 – Dragonfly’s Last Dance
- Episode 8 – Leopard Catches Cloud
- Episode 9- Chamber of the Scorpion
- Episode 10 – Raven’s Feather, Phoenix Blood
- Episode 11- The Boar and the Butterfly
- Episode 12- Cobra Fang, Panther Claw
- Episode 13- Black Lotus, White Rose
- Episode 14- Curse of the Red Rain
- Episode 15- Requiem for the Fallen
- Episode 16- Seven Strike as One
1. Where can I watch Into the Badlands?
Into the Badlands is available on both Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, depending on the country in which you live.
2. What is the type of Into the Badlands?
Into the Badlands is a science fiction martial arts series.
3. How many seasons are there in Into the Badlands?
The Into the Badlands series has a total of 3 seasons.
Into the Badlands is one of the top TV series on IMDb with 8/10 ratings. The series is known for its brilliant martial arts action sequences. Martial arts lovers will surely love this show with all their heart. Compared to the first season, the second and third seasons of Into the Badlands received better reviews from critics.